- Care Level: Moderate , need clean water .
- Temperament: Peaceful but may eat small fish /Shrimp
Pair is Best because Swim together !
Small below 2″ are safer to mix with other fishes
Medium and Large can Keep with aggressive fishes
- Live Feeder Fish and Shrimp
- Frozen small Ghost shrimp
- With Training can eat Sterilized Meaty seafood
- Reef Compatible: Yes
- Shrimp/Invert Safe : No
- Water Conditions: KH : 8-12, sg 1.020-1.025, temp 24-30 degC
- Approximate Purchase Size: Small: 1″ to 2″; Medium: 2″; to 3″; Large: 4′ to 5″
The Lion Fish may be one of the aquarium industry’s popular marine fish. There are 2 types : The large Growing and small Dwarf that never grow large .
Though they are only hardy if water condition is good , Lion Fish can still get sick, so need regular monitoring and care. This includes regular water testing and tank cleaning .
The water parameters need to be constant. You should check water conditions often, as the quicker a change is detected, the easier it will be to put right again.
Water changes of at least 25% should be done every 2 weeks, and even more for smaller aquariums.
Excess food should be removed to prevent algal growth and nitrite/nitrate sickness. Visible algae can be cleaned using a suitable magnet cleaner.
Long Term Survival note : Feed only once every alternate day, giving only enough for 1/2 full stomach with sterilized meaty seafood or Frozen ghost shrimp.
This way the Lion fish will be slow growing so will delay being a threat to smaller fish ! If Fed too full too often will hid in the rocks and sleep so you cannot see !
Dwarf White Fin
Dwarf Fu Man Chu